Marriage is one of the most precious gifts of God, so our aim is to help couples make their wedding day as special as possible, and to prepare not only for their wedding but for married life.
You may get married at St Mary’s or St Richard’s if at least one of you:
* lives in our parish. (You can check this on the website achurchnearyou.com)
* is on our Electoral Roll.
* was baptised or confirmed in the parish.
* has lived in the parish at any time for at least 6 months.
* has at any time habitually attended normal church services at St Mary’s or St Richard’s for a period of at least 6 months.
You may also get married at St Mary’s or St Richard’s if one of your parents or grandparents:
- has lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months.
- has habitually attended church services at St Mary’s or St Richard’s for a period of at least 6 months.
- was married in the parish.
If either of you has been married before and has a former partner still living, special considerations and procedures apply. This will not necessarily prevent you from getting married but you do need to let us know when you contact us.
For a lot more information look at this website: www.yourchurchwedding.org